Summary of Program Content:
This a foundational course designed to provide participants with an introductory knowledge base of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT is an evidence-based psychotherapeutic approach that helps clients create a rich, full, and meaningful life while accepting the pain that life naturally brings.
Participants will learn how to help clients develop psychological skills to intentionally accept painful thoughts and feelings effectively by using mindfulness skills.
Participants will also learn how to help clients clarify what's truly important and meaningful for them and to use that knowledge to guide, inspire, and motivate them to set VITAL-action goals and take committed action that enriches their lives.
This course will teach participants the essential ACT framework and associated therapeutic skills (via experiential exercises, transformative metaphors, engaging case studies, video examples, and guided instruction) to help clients move forward in living meaningful and fulfilling lives.
• Explore the theoretical and philosophical foundations of the ACT framework to help clients increase psychological flexibility.
• Explore the six (6) core therapeutic processes of psychological flexibility in ACT to facilitate emotional openness and increase clients' values-based behaviors.
• Explore the Choice Point framework as a tool that rapidly maps out problems, identifies sources of struggling and suffering while formulating an ACT approach to handling them.
• Learn how to utilize acceptance approaches with experiential avoidance to reinforce client’s willingness to create space for emotions.
• Implement emotional, behavioral willingness and exposure techniques with clients to reduce experiential avoidance.
• Learn how to utilize mindfulness in a flexible manner that does not rely on formal meditation.
• Explore the use of metaphors, analogies, and experiential exercises to improve clients' understanding of self and increase value-based behaviors.
• Explore effective strategies to engage clients in exploring their personal values to drive personal change.
• Utilize clinical strategies to develop an ACT-based behavior therapy plan as it relates to treatment outcomes.
TBA - PENDING
Mindfulness Program for Mental Health Professionals and Health Care Providers
Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Heart of Wisdom Counseling and Psychological Services, LLC - All Rights Reserved.